Dr. Fayad received his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the College of Dentistry, Cairo University in 1985. He received his Masters in Oral Sciences in 1994 and his PhD in 1996 from the University of Buffalo at New York. He had two years of Advanced Education in General Dentistry at Eastman Dental Center, University of Rochester at New York, and received his certificate of Specialty in Endodontics at the University of Illinois.
Currently he is the director of Endodontic research, and a clinical associate Professor in the Endodontic department at College of Dentistry at UIC, dividing his time between teaching, research, intra-and extra-mural continuing education and private practice. He currently serves on the Scientific Advisory and Manuscript Review Panels of the Journal of Endodontics, and Evidence Based Endodontics Journal. He served on the AAE Research and Scientific Affairs Committee and co-chaired AAE/AAOMR committee drafting the joint position statement on CBCT (2015). He has numerous publications and chapters in peer reviewed journals and textbooks (Pathways of the pulp) and (Contemporary surgical Endodontics). He is the co-editor of the CBCT text book (3-D Imaging in Endodontics: A new Era in diagnosis and treatment) by Springer (2016). He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics and gave numerous presentations nationally and internationally.
- CPD article
- Communique – July 2015
- Use of Cone Beam-Computed Tomography in Endodontics 2015 Update
- Comparison of Endodontic Diagnosis and Treatment Planning Decisions Using Cone-beam Volumetric Tomography Versus Periapical Radiography
- Different Representations of Vertical Root Fractures Detected by Cone-Beam Volumetric Tomography: A Case Series Report
- To Scan or Not to Scan, That is the Question
- The Impact of Cone Beam Computed Tomography in Endodontics: A New Era in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning