Dr. Fayad received his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the College of Dentistry, Cairo University in 1985. He received his Masters in Oral Sciences in 1994 and his PhD in 1996 from the University of Buffalo at New York. He had two years of Advanced Education in General Dentistry at Eastman Dental Center, University of Rochester at New York, and received his certificate of Specialty in Endodontics at the University of Illinois. Currently he is the Director of Endodontic research and a clinical assistant professor at the UIC College of Dentistry. He devotes his time to teaching, research and private practice.
Dr. Fayad gives numerous presentations nationally and internationally. He is a member of the American Dental Association, Chicago Dental Society, Illinois State Dental Society, American Association of Endodontists, Illinois Association of Endodontists, Edgar D. Coolidge Endodontic Study Club, and is A Diplomate of American Boards of Endodontics.
- CPD article
- Communique – July 2015
- Use of Cone Beam-Computed Tomography in Endodontics 2015 Update
- Comparison of Endodontic Diagnosis and Treatment Planning Decisions Using Cone-beam Volumetric Tomography Versus Periapical Radiography
- Different Representations of Vertical Root Fractures Detected by Cone-Beam Volumetric Tomography: A Case Series Report
- To Scan or Not to Scan, That is the Question
- The Impact of Cone Beam Computed Tomography in Endodontics: A New Era in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning